Friday 23 July 2010

Life in University

Ya, I am here for almost three weeks.
After two weeks of orientation, and now I start to study.. going to the lectures and tutorials..
Many people asked me :"How is your uni's life?"
To be frank, Ya, It is great!!

Tort? Law and Society? Legal Method? Contract Law? Islamic Law?
The subjects that I have to study in semester one..
Ya, I don't know about them before this..
And so after the lecturers giving the lectures, I still don't know about them! Haha!
Sigh!! The notes and books are full of words..
And ya, I can't even understand it even though I have read it!

"Do you wish to turn back the time to your secondary school's life?"
Now, I can tell you that my answer is " absolutely not!"
Time passes by, things around us keep on changing.. and so our mind..
I am not a children and no longer be a teenager..
In secondary school, the teachers were busy checking our socks, hair, nails and what so ever..
What the hell are this??!!
Notes and books were well prepared by the teachers.. and we were told to hand in the homework on certain date..
But in university, who are going to bother all those things?
We, ourself have to take the initiatives to notice things going around us..
Notes? "Go and find it by yourself." The lecturers answered us..
And we have to go to the library, computer lab to print out everything..
To search for the cases, reports and journals in those thick law books..
Ya, It's all about self-contained!
It makes me realized that things are not the same as in secondary school and matriculation..
I am 19 now, and do you still expect people to bother single thing around you?
Expect your mum yelling at you, tell you to study?
Expect your teachers asking you, are you okay?

And I have to make the decisions by myself.. everything by myself..
Still waiting for your parents to spoon feed you?
Still have the curfew in your home?
Still have to let your parents to decide for your future?
No!!

Why did you choose law? People often ask us..
And ya, some of them said my parents asked or forced me to choose it..
Choose something that you really like... my friends..
People seldom do the things that they don't like..
Don't wait until you regret..
Maybe you will be a successful lawyer or what so ever, but do you enjoy the process to be a lawyer or something else?

Ya, to those ppl that always think that ppl who study law will be a lawyer after that..
I study law, not necessary that i will be a lawyer in the future..
I can be a magistrate, legal adviser of a company, judge, businesswoman, legislator, convincing lawyer and so on..
The field is so huge and large..
And I, still duno what am i going to do after that.. Huh!

No comments:

Post a Comment